Am betwixt trips and have settled down with a cuppa to discover that I have won an award! Chuffed - feel like I've been accepted into the blogsphere! Thanks to my lovely new bloddy*, Gem at Treasures From the Cherry Tree. (*Great word, Cuckoo, so I've pinched it.)
In accepting the award I must provide ten facts about myself. Here goes:
1. I am nosy. I make no apology for it. I absolutely cannot stay away from the window if I hear something going on outside and I have been known to bump into things because I'm too busy gawking rather than watching where I'm going. It would be dangerous for me to own binoculars.
2. I failed my first driving test for not exceeding 20mph. I cried and snuffled the whole time which probably didn't help either.
3. I played basketball for the county (only the summer league, but still!) as a teenager.
4. I am a stickler for good grammar and spelling. Text-speak makes me grit my teeth, especially when my Mum uses it.
5. Love dogs, hate cats, scared of horses. Terrified of wasps.
6. With anything medical I am a wreck. I am super-squeamish and faint over anything even remotely gory (specifically the sight of blood, pus and needles). Many, many, many things make me retch; snot being the biggest offender.
7. Through work over the years I've met quite a few famous people, mostly sports personalities. One (now very famous) motorbike racer pestered me for ages to go out with him, almost to the point of harassment.
8. Diet coke gives me the heebies. I quite like the taste of it but rarely drink it - it's dirty stuff. My husband is addicted to it and will even crack open a can for breakfast. Revolting.
9. I absolutely cannot sing but, bizarrely, can do an amazing impression of Julie Andrews singing. Seriously, you should hear me belt out 'Do-Re-Mi'. The look on my husband's face when I did it for the first time was priceless. The Sound of Music is my favourite movie ever.
10. I know every single word of Rappers Delight by the Sugarhill Gang.
So that's a bit of me!
This award is doing the rounds and so I am going to pass this award to two new bloddies of mine who I don't think have received it yet:
So I'd better finish packing for Paris now. You could grow bananas in our house right now; we've got our own heatwave. I'm trying to dry a few clothes ready for my trip and the weather today has been filthy so the heating is on. Phew!
Have a nice (short - yay!) week.