Thank you for the birthday messages! Was lovely to have them pinging through on my ipad yesterday. I had the best day. Mum and Dad joined us and it was so nice to spend the day with them. We had a long wander around Liberty (I didn't know they had such an amazing haberdashery - I could have spent a fortune there) and then made our way to Cafe Rouge for lunch. The Wizard of Oz was awesome - I really enjoyed it. Toto was the star of the show in my opinion; such a cutie! We finished the day with a little rickshaw race along Oxford Street to check out the Christmas lights.
We've taken it easy today and spent most of the day snoozing. I think I'm coming down with a cold. Boring!
So, with a brand spanking new year ahead of me I thought I'd make my 2012 goals public.
1. Bake more. I'm aiming for a weekly bake, here. Last year I decided not to bake so often because I thought it was unhelpful to my diet to have such tempting calorific goodies hanging around the place. As it happens, it made no difference. It turns out that if I don't bake we have shop-bought treats anyhow, so I may as well dig my pinny out.
2. Lose my muffin top. There are three ways that I will achieve this - preferably through exercise as I plan to get fit this year. I'll diet if I have to but if that doesn't work I'm just going to buy a bigger pair of jeans and get over myself.
3. Get fit and increase my strength. By the end of the year I will be able to do at least 10 (proper) press-ups in a row and I'll be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. Currently I simply cannot do a proper press-up and get puffed after approximately one minute of jogging. This goal might be a bit ambitious....
4. Walk the dog alone. In the last year I've developed a fear of walking the dog on my own. Lizzie was pounced on by an over-enthusiastic labrador a few months ago and it frightens me when dogs fight. I've let that put me off walking her on my own but I'm going to man up now and take her during the day whenever I work from home.
5. Make my health a priority. My smear test is at least a year overdue and my dentist thinks I might need root canal treatment. I haven't been back to see him since he said that.
6. Develop a routine. A daily routine falls by the wayside when you work from home. I think that sticking to a routine will help me to achieve more in my week. No more lunches at 3pm and working at 9pm. I'm getting strict with myself.
7. Slow down. I used to meditate daily and practiced yoga four times a week. I got so much out of it so I'm going back to my yoga class.
8. Get creative. I want to crochet another blanket, some cushions and some jar covers. I would also like to crochet a cuddly toy for my niece. I'd like to cover some notebooks and box files with pretty paper or fabric. I'd also like to get busy with my sewing machine. There are so many things I want to do!
What are your goals for 2012? I'd love to know.