I'm making my first ever granny square blanket using Lucy's tutorial (at Attic24) for the Summer Garden Granny. (Edit: Turns out that my copy image from the Easter post didn't work so here's a slightly different pic.)
The squares have slowly but surely grown in number since then and I now have nearly 100. But I'm in a slight panic about joining them together. None of them have the same colour in the outer row (as you can see, some are green, some are pink, some are blue etc) and I have been wondering all weekend how I'm going to stitch them together without the joining yarn being visible (I'm going to crochet rather than sew them together). Am slightly cross with myself for not considering this when I started out. I've been merrily crocheting squares without a minute's thought for how they will fit together as a whole. Learning curve, fo sho.
So I've been pondering my little dilemma all weekend. I actually stopped work on it altogether to have a proper think (cannot believe I'm taking this all so seriously, it's just a blankie for gawd's sake). I have decided to put an extra row, of the same colour, on each square. I've gone for red. Don't tell me you think it will be awful, I've just ordered the yarn. I bought six 100g balls - hope it will be enough. Talk about taking on a project blind; I should have planned and prepped more.
I had itchy fingers last night though and started a small bunting project. Another WIP to hang around the house but I ought to have this finished by the weekend, the triangles are very quick and easy.
Husband is very excited to see the end result. He thinks it's a bikini.