From Cuckoo: From Emily:
(I like doing these fact things, they make me think about the kind of person that I am and what's important to me.)
So without any further ado....
1. I am a secret-keeper. Tell me something in confidence and I won't breathe a word to anyone, ever. I have been told things that I will honestly take to the grave.
2. I really want to join the WI. I've been thinking about it a lot recently, especially since reading about Jazz Domino Holly in Mollie Makes. She is my new hero and if I lived in the area I'd be there each month, with knobs on. I doubt that my local WI will be much like the Shoreditch Sisters though, unfortunately, but I fantasise that I would give it a new lease of life. Recruit 'fresh blood', so to speak.
3. Love and trust are the two most important things in the world to me. Nothing else really matters, despite my longings for Mulberry handbags, a ride-on lawnmower and a walk-in pantry.
4. I am terrified of the dentist. It doesn't help that I have a ridiculously sensitive gag reflex and can't even have an x-ray done of my mouth (those little plastic films that they put in your mouth make me gag instantly). I have to have root canal treatment soon and my regular dentist has sourced a private practice that will drug me beforehand (so that I don't freak out) and use special equipment (so that I don't gag). It's the only way I can cope with it, even if I have to remortgage the house/sell a kidney.
5. I have a terrible temper. My mum says I 'go off like a bottle of pop': I do. On the plus side, I'm not one for sulking or holding a grudge. I explode, say how I feel and then I am back to normal instantly. That's just the way I roll (ha!). Hard for other people to deal with though, I know, so I do try to control it.
6. I am a bit obsessive about things. The toilet roll has to be hung properly on the holder (up and over, please), towels have to be folded a certain way and the quilt has to be completely square and level on the bed before I can get in. I realise that this is odd and probably means I'm a control freak.
7. I can't balance on games equipment - I am unable to ice- or roller-skate and always fall off when out on a bike ride. It can be embarrassing, for me and my companion.
8. I whistle a lot, like an old man, quite elaborately sometimes. I get it from my Mum, she has always been a whistler. The husband and I had a whistle-off the other day, we were in stitches. Try it, it is seriously funny. (We were whistling 'Whistle While You Work' taking it in turns to whistle a line. Impossible to whistle when you're laughing.)
9. I love making people jump, it cracks me up. I quite often leap out from behind a door/sofa/bed shouting 'BOO!' to make my husband, stepson or dog jump. I'm going to get punched one day, I know it.
10. If you've got a bogey on your nose or your knickers tucked in your skirt, I'll let you know. I always feel compelled to let people know these things (because I'd want to know myself).
The awards have been to all of my favourite bloddies but I'm going to pass this to Kmmms. I love reading the stories about Kmmms' sweet daughters and I like her writing style. I'd like to know more about this gal and I think she'd like to play.